Evans Landscaping can quickly, easily, and precisely mulch your landscaping beds. Our landscaping crew will take great care to ensure mulch is placed correctly in the garden beds, appropriately incorporating plant drip lines and without letting mulch pile up at the base of trees.
Some exclusions do apply.
Benefits of Mulching
When applied correctly, mulch has these beneficial effects on plants and soil:
- Slowing evaporation and aiding in water retention
- Suppressing the germination of weed seeds and smothering existing weeds
- Maintaining a more even soil temperature, which keeps roots warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- Preventing soil splashing, which stops erosion and keeps soil-borne diseases from splashing onto plants
- Organic mulches improve soil structure and add nutrients as they breakdown into the topsoil
- Preventing crusting of the soil surface and improving water absorption
- Protecting tree trunks and shrubs from damage by lawn equipment
- Preventing soil compaction
- Adding beauty to the landscape by providing a cover of uniform color and interesting texture
- Encouraging root growth