The cold weather is nearly upon us! Whether your lawn is professionally landscaped or a DIY masterpiece, we hope you’ve already taken precautions to winterize. Just in case you’ve been procrastinating, here some steps you can take to protect your yard from the inevitable chill:
· Rake your lawn. Remove any leaves or branches that might create a dead spot.
· Apply fertilizer. Don’t over fertilize though, it can burn your grass.
· Aerate your lawn. It allows water and nutrients to penetrate the soil.
· Spread grass seed. Opt for varities that specify “Cool Weather” formulas.
· Water your yard. It seems counterintuitive, but plants can experience a drought even in winter.
· Cover flower beds and bring smaller plants inside.
Winter is a great time to start planning spring projects. If you have questions, contact us and we’ll help put your plans into action.